Monday, October 11, 2010

The Florida Shower

I had so much fun last weekend in Florida I could hardly catch up on sleep even through this weekend. My lovely sister n law and her mom threw a shower for me and hosted it at my parents house. The invitations to this shower said, "She took the bait and he lured her in" in honor or our love of fishing and the fact that he proposed on a boat in the middle of the lake. So, I appropriately wore my "fish" skirt from Anthropologie.













We ate brunch, open gifts and enjoyed the view of the water. The weather was perfect that day! (A little humid - as you can tell from my hair - another reason I'm so thankful to be living in GA with a little less humidity ;-), but nevertheless beautiful skies and a peaceful atmosphere. I felt right at home.



 My nephew enjoying the party before he had to leave with daddy and grandpa. And let me tell you that boy can eat!









 A card my Aunt made - I'd love to have time to make cards! It was so special. There's a big "R" on it for our last name. Well my soon-to-be last name.


 I love whiteware! I really cannot get enough of it!





 My soon to be Mother-n-law and her mother-n-law.






My grandma - who got on to me several times for my bangs being in my face.. hehe.


My mom - whom I look nothing a like. I'm a product of the milk man.... and his wife.


Maid of Honor - and the view.


 More whiteware!!


What a great bridesmaid collecting up all the bows to make one big one for the rehearsal. I love ya Chloe'!

I had such a great time in Florida and I can't wait to share more of our weekend after the shower. Big thanks to my sister n law/ good friend and her mom + my mom for helping to make this a special memory and great day for me and everyone who came! Love you all lots!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time and got lots of fun stuff! And I love the skirt, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt and the shower pictures! I also got similar whiteware at my shower, mine was from Macys, the Martha Stewart Collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your whiteware! It's beautiful! I loved the theme of your shower and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

    ps- your skirt is beyond adorable and my mom/grandma always gets onto me if I have hair hanging in my face ;)

    ReplyDelete