Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses

The wedding is just over 3 months away and I realized...I don't really blog too much about the details of the wedding, but I definately want to remember them. So lets just act like I just got engaged and am making super quick decisions about everything. Here is how I decided about the bridesmaids dresses...

Originally I was all about gold . Not just any gold though I wanted a gold dress that was vintage looking. I told each of the bridesmaids they could pick any dress they wanted just had to be this vintage gold color. Here was my inspiration. Ms. Cameron Diaz:


Or maybe something like this dress...



Well we looked for the first couple of months and found it was extremely hard to find a dress for everyone that was
A. Vintage Gold
 B. In their size
 and C. Not really expensive.

I was given many suggestions...
-Change the color
-Make them wear the same dress
-Find a gold color at a bridal store and let them pick their dress in any style.

All great ideas, but not what I had in mind. I really wanted something different for my wedding. Not the typical bridesmaid dresses. So I kept looking. We went from gold to a more tannish color.
Inspiration : from Green Wedding Shoes



How gorgeous is that?

We found many dresses in that category... but the biggest problem was that the cream colors were getting to be too close to the color of my dress and at the time I was worried about how that would look. I wasn't worried about sticking out just wanted the colors to pop more. Sooo everyday, my best friend and I would gchat back and forth with links to dresses that we found online. ALL DAY!

We started coming across taupe colors. We actually found the cutest dress for $88 dollars from Ann Taylor, but we waited a couple of days and all the sizes were gone! I was so upset! I thought finnally it was over! But, it was not.

My favorite store - Anthropologie had some really cute dresses, but the one that I really like didn't come in any color close to the ones that I liked. It was black and had ruffles. I thought it would have been perfect for the wedding if only it came in Taupe. Taupe had become my new favorite obsession.


YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!
Not a week later Anthro added a taupe color for that dress. It was divine, meant to be, heaven-sent.



We ordered them all within the next couple of days. I am so in love with this dress!!

I am doing very neutral colors for the wedding with accents of green and Lavendar so I think that the colors off the bouquet will really stand out with the dresses. I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

9 comments:

  1. I think that color scheme is going to look GORGEOUS! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! My sis-in-law had us bridesmaids wear a similar color, and we stood out from the color of the brides dress JUST enough, I think it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is gorgeous! I love it! And it is definitely re-wearable! I would love and excuse to buy that dress. You have lucky bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog and I LOVE it and look forward to reading more about your wedding planning! I am not engaged (yet!) haha but I pretty much have my wedding planned out the way I want it and know I want my bridesmaids to have a taupe/pistachio colored dress because I think that a taupe would look sooooo amazing with a peacock green and blue color or turquoise! So you reminded me of my wants and my dreams for my own future wedding some day!! Great taste! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I love the dress - I actually have an extra one for "color matching," that I don't plan on giving away when the wedding is over. We had to get an extra one for one of my bridesmaids who is preggars.

    Jess! I look forward to reading your blog too! I kinda can't wait till you do get engaged and I can see this beautiful wedding you are planning. It sounds amazing! Taupe is such a great color - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I just watched What Happens in Vegas last night and loved that dress she wore. I love the gold. : )

    Sarah from 20sb

    ReplyDelete
  7. where did you find these bridesmaid dresses...? I love them, i would like to use a couple of the styles in my wedding.
    i am referring to the picture with all the girls and the bride in the middle
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. does anyone know who designed gold dress in film?? cant seem to find it anywhere and i want it!!!!

    ReplyDelete