Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where have I been?!

Well friends I have completed a long journey! I basically went in a big circle across 7 states (give or take a few) and ended up back in my home in Atlanta. Just to see how crazy my trip was....see this map I created of my travels.

Now darken that line in a little more to show that I went back and forth from Memphis to Atlanta twice and you'll see that in the past month I drove more than 2,544 miles in three weeks. That pretty much whooped my butt for the whole month.

However, I did accomplish a few things.


 Got to see the hubbs rehab in Florida while working on my farmers tan...




Moved all of our wedding gifts from Florida to our house in Atlanta.


Caught our first house spider......and hopefully the last.


Took Ms. Stella back to Memphis to be with her mom and dad.

Then found out my husband would not be coming back as planned. So I packed up most of our Memphis stuff and came back to Atlanta again....


Don't worry Perchie - I wouldn't have left you!


Yes, that's a Kroger grocery cart...don't judge me. Its a long walk from the parking garage to the 4th floor of the building across the street. Us baseball wives do what we have to .... I shared it don't worry.

 What's that you ask? Oh just a random bird who's life I saved. (Brushing my shoulders off.) He was left to die by so many, but not this great Samaritan. I drove him 15 miles across town to a vet who told me he was not only a baby, but that he would be just fine. He had a broken leg and he was hungry. Good luck little birdie!

2 days after I came back to Atlanta I found out the my hubbs was on his way back to Memphis. Awesome. Because he was going on the road right away I did not drive 300 miles back to see him. Instead Hershey and I started unpacking...and we don't have much progress to report. 

I can, however, report that my husband is healthy and playing his heart out. I couldn't be more proud of him! After such a long year full of surgery and rehab, this night made it all worth while. I always tell Shane to "hit me a homer" when I talk to him before the game. This night he hit me two and one was the best kind! A WALK OFF GRAND SLAM!




Love ya Sugar Shane!

4 comments:

  1. I am relieved to know that others out there drive all across the country for another human being! Can't wait to see you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trip!!! Glad you are safe and sound in your new house =0) Congrats Shane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I cannot imagine driving all those miles! Glad you are finally getting settled - looks like a lot of boxes there!

    And I'm really happy that Shane is feeling great and hit those home runs! How awesome :)

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete