Thursday, August 11, 2011

What I'm learning in hot yoga.....

My first "real" yoga experience was with my husband actually. It was part of his off-season training. His instructor, Kelly,  was AMAZING - she actually has her own studio down in Sarasota, Fl called Body Heat. Meet Kelly....






When I got back to Atlanta I started taking classes again at my local studio - Atlanta Hot Yoga. I've become addicted to the 102 degree work out. (Although, I swear the other day it was much hotter than that.) The heat really helps you to get further into your "practice" (stretch).

My yoga instructor told me I really needed to focus more on what I wanted to get out of it.... well duh... I want to be able to do this...



and.. like the girl next to me the other night this...

and mainly this...



I saw a girl that worked at lululemon do that one..... and I wanted to punch her!

I was jealous.

I feel like I can't really get into it (mind, body and soul wise) until I feel comfortable and cocky confident like some of my class mates. Maybe I'll take some pictures of what I've been working on. :-)

Going to see the hubbs tom!!!






5 comments:

  1. I've been dying to get into a yoga class but I have a hard time convincing the husband that it's worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you need a photographer let me know. i promise i won't laugh (too hard). :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried yoga... I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORE POSTING. We need to kep up with Lauren. She's like a famous blogger now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sure, by now, you’ve been able to get these poses. In fact, I think you are quite a yoga veteran by now. At first glance, yoga stances and poses might look difficult, and the sweltering heat may be uncomfortable for beginners. But once you give this activity a try, you can get used to the poses and the high temperature and take full advantage of its benefits.

    ReplyDelete