Sunday, February 20, 2011

This Whirlwind Called My Life...

So sorry I have been so absent lately! With the loss of Betsy - my old laptop, the husband coming and going, and the big transition from businesswoman to workless wife - I haven't had much time to blog.

I realize this post brings bigs news! I am currently finishing the last month at my job and going on the road with my husband this year. We are moving out of our Atlanta apartment and putting all of our stuff in storage for the season. Can you imagine life without ALL of your clothes/shoes/candles...ya know that stuff that you just need in your life on a day to day basis.

I asked my husband what can I bring this year...he answered, " As little as possible...." So here is what I am bringing for nearly 7 months on the road...


A few old kitchen items we don't mind leaving behind if we have to and a small bin of linens and towels...


A box of books...bc I'm still trying to read 30 of them this year...3 down 27 to go ;-)


1 box of "office supplies and 1 for our files...


My new computer

and, of course, the things I haven't packed yet - 1 large suitcase for clothes and 1 suitcase for toiletries.

I'm not so sure how I am going to do with this HUGE transition in my life. I mean it's hard enough to become a professional stay at home wife, but not having all my things seems a little crazy.
Fortunately, I have a lot of great friends who have done the same thing and they all say that I will get used to it and find my way. I am looking forward to the time off don't get me wrong, but I'm not a person who can just sit at home all day everyday. That's another story...

The reason we can only bring minimal stuff? Because in the "baseball world" you aren't necessarily guaranteed the luxury of staying in one city for the whole season. At any moment we could be moving and/or moving back so you have to be prepared to get up and go in a couple hours notice. I don't have to get up and go with him, but I also don't want to be stuck moving an apartment full of stuff by myself. It's not the glamorous life you'd think it would be, but it's our life. (Kate Gosselin anyone?) What would you bring for 7 months on the road?

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What an adventure you are about to embark on!! I had a similar situation this past year after I got married, I moved to be with my hubby where he is stationed in Texas and gave up the professional business world for online grad school/stay at home wife/10 hr a week store manager job. Definitly a hard transition but what memories you will make and you Im sure you will be busy with all that reading! I would definitly pack a good camera as well as some tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jess! This will be such an exciting adventure. I can't wait to read all about it. I know Lauren, Jon, and Brody will miss you a lot! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your back! At least for today ;) I cannot imagine what it would be like living out of a suitcase for almost a year! You're a brave gal but I know that your hubby will appreciate what your doing and I think in the long run it will end up being a super fun adventure! What city do you anticipate being in for the longest time?
    Good luck packing, lady! I have NO idea what I would bring...probably a lot of stuff I would end up not even using, because I'm an awful packer :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats awesome!! id love to be able to do that! id honestly take all your fav shoes and clothes - and thats it. chances are youre going to find other stuff you love in new cities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adventure!! It seems daunting to pack so little and have more "free time" on your hands, but I think you'll love it. And you'll get to go to so many new places! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete