Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cookies!!

I have been in the kitchen a lot more frequently since my fiance' returned to Baseball season and I've litterally got nothing to do on the weekends. So I decided this year for all of my neices and nephews birthdays I am going to make them some sort of sweet treat. But, I always seem to have trouble with this oven in my apartment. It seems like when I'm consciously checking whatever I'm baking it takes 17 extra minutes to bake whatever it is. However, if I just set the timer and wait for it to buzz and then maybe wait an extra minute or two (till a commercial break,) everything burns! I swear - it has a conspiracy against me. Especially whenever I try to cook for someone else.

So I was reading in my Martha Stewart Living Cookbook that one of the necessities for every kitchen is some sort of baking mat. I had no idea what this was so I googled it and every image showed me this little baby:
I swear I will never bake without it! You're cookies WILL NOT burn. Neither will you're pizza, biscuits, whatever it is - it's not going to burn. I am so impressed. Ok but this isn't a commercial for Silpat. I made my neice some cookies.




I cannot for the life of me get this picture to turn.

Spring Bugs!

I had a lot of fun making them and I hope she enjoyed them just as much. I did get some feedback from her mom and she loved the decorations, but she said, "Mommy, these cookies are a little crunchy." Oh I love 5 year olds. I'll definately be working on that sugar cookie recipe. I swear I am good at baking!

Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! I am super impressed with your decorating skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hiring you for Brody's First Birthday Bash! I need boyish looking bugs so maybe some green and blue icing will do! ;)

    ReplyDelete